Sunday, August 8, 2010

Some Famous Artist's Signatures

Below are several examples of signatures by Illustrators, Graphic Artists and Painters I admire. Notice how each signature displays a unique appearance and compliments that artist's style. I don't think anyone could be more original with his signature than Harvey Kurtzman, and I believe J.C. Leyendecker's signature is one of the most beautiful designs I have ever seen. It's a work of art in and of itself.

Click on the name below the signature to be taken to a page with examples of their work.






(my favorite!)










(fantastic illustrator!)







(the greatest Art Nouveau poster designer ever!)


(master of the glaze)


(the artist who taught me how to draw the figure)


(my favorite pin-up artist!)


(eh, you know what his stuff looks like...)


(the greatest of them all)






4 comments:

Aaron Rossell Illustration said...

I never noticed that Maxfield Parrish draws a butt sitting on his signature. That's kind of cool

Damian Goidich said...

Huh...by God you're right! Who would have thought?

carnevale clay said...

these are great damian- my favorite is still mucha- although franzetta is beautiful as well-
i want to see it up on a wall!

Anonymous said...

The signature you have identified as Maxfield Parrish does not belong to the painter Maxfield Parrish that I know....in fact, the first name in the signature you have posted appears to be "Clayton"...or something similar. You also have Maxfield Parish identified as the "Master of Glaze" and...to my knowledge....he never threw pots.